Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Birthday to Hubby!

Yippee! Another reason to get the boys scrappin! Both of the boys and I made our own birthday cards for David. They stamped their images from Penny Blacks and is called Party Animal! I found it at Hobby Lobby on Sale. Here is a pic of the boys making their cards.

After we made cards, we decorated boxes to put our gifts in. The boys each had a pack of boxers (What dad doesn't want boxers for his B-Day?) I had my listening ears on before the holidays and heard hubby say just one time that he needed a 2003 Suzuki GSXR Swing Arm something aruthers. LOL! Appearantly I had enough information to do a search on EBay and got what I needed! YEAH FOR ME! YEAH FOR ME!! YEAH FOR ME!!! Here is a pic of all of our cards and our gift boxes.

We used the SU! Happy Birthday Wheel (Retired) and Birthdy Whimsy Stamp set (Retired). On the card that I made using the "It's All Good" stamp set on page 148 of the fall-winter 2008 catalog.

Recipe:
After stamping the Happy from the It's All Good set in Bold Bright colors Brilliant Blue, Real Red and Glorious Green, I punched them out with a 1 1/4 inch circle punch.
- I matted the design paper on Whisper White and temporarily placed it on the card using a temporary adhesive.
-I punched out the striped design paper with the 1 1/4 inch cirlcle and put those to the side.
-I then took my 1 1/2 circle punch and re-punched the cirlces on the striped design paper. This gives the circles room to move.
-I went back to the happy circles and took some yellow embroidery floss and sandwhiched it between the happy and the striped punched circles. Be sure to leave room on the ends of the floss to hang.
-Take off the striped paper panel and sandwich the flossed circles inbetweent he striped panel and the front of the card.
-Trim off extra floss.
-VOILA!!!! Start spinning!
To order supplies, visit my website at www.carriehajnal.stampinup.net.
Feel free to email me any questions at www.clhajnal.aol.com
Love, Carrie
p.s. Don't forget to pre-order your "Love Bundle" and save 20%!!

No comments: